Many animals of African legend are thought to be dinosaurs, plesiosaurs, pterosaurs, ect. Also some have been seen by the western world as well.
List of creaturesEdit
- Mokele-Mbembe- A creature thought to be a prosauropod or a small sauropod.
- Kasai Rex- A creature thought to be a Theropod.
- Muhuru- a creature of legend thought to be either an Ankylosaur or a Stegosaur.
- Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu- A creature of legend thought to be a Stegosaur. Possibly Muhuru.
- Nguma-monene- A creature of legend thought to be a Spinosaur.
- Ngoubou- A creature of legend, once sighted by a westerner, thought to be a Ceratopsian; Stryracosaurus or a similar species.
- Sta- A creature seen on engravings, thought to be a sauropod.
- Lukwata- A reported plesiosaur.
- Serpopard- A creature seen on engravings, thought to be a sauropod
- Krokodilopardalis- A creature seen on a mosaic. Thought by some to be a crocodile, but the same mosaic has an accurate crocodile. Species uncertain, but possibly a Hadrosaur.
- Kongamato- A reported pterosaur.
- Mamlambo- A Lake Monster, thought to be a plesiosaur.
- Mahamba- A creature of legend, thought to be a Mosasaur.
- Dingonek- A crypid thought be a ceratopsian.
- Emela Ntouka- A creaure of legend, thought to be a ceratopsian.